“The mediators did a great job helping us resolve a difficult case.”
– Mediation Client
Make a referral or start a case now.
We believe people in conflict can resolve their differences. When conflicts arise, our mediation services help you identify shared interests, find common perspectives, and solve problems. The mediation process is confidential, fast, and cost effective. Agreements are more sustainable, because you have the opportunity to air out differences, listen and be heard, and then identify solutions which mutually address your concerns. You own the decision-making and in the process, build skills to address future issues.
Unlike a judge or an arbitrator, mediators do not decide what is right or wrong or suggest solutions. In most cases, trained volunteer mediators guide a fair and balanced process. They facilitate dialogue between those in conflict, to assist in identifying shared interests. Their goal is to help you reach a mutually satisfactory resolution. The process is voluntary and based on the good-faith participation of all participants.
Typical issues discussed in mediation include:
- Consumer and business disagreements about service, warranty, or contracts
- Neighbor disputes about noise, fences, parking or yard/tree maintenance
- Landlord/tenant conflicts about maintenance, the lease, or tenants’ concerns
- Workplace disputes about communication, transition planning, or change.
- Family issues about care of a loved one, estates, visitation, or parent/teen communication
- Home Owner Association and Court Referred Mediation services are also available.
Additional mediation and process information is included here.
Learn how the principles of mediation continue to provide the foundation for our Areas of Focus.